Looking for cheap anniversary ideas that are still unique, romantic and fun? Celebrating an anniversary on a budget doesn’t have to mean bad gifts and experiences. One of the greatest joys in life is finding the one person you want to create unforgettable memories and spend the rest of your life with. Unfortunately, when we are confronted with personal finances, work-related stress and the “to-do” lists of everyday life, we sometimes forget to show our love to those closest and most important to us. The years come and go quickly, and with every passing anniversary, you realize that it becomes a routine rather than a special day to celebrate.
Many couples tend to do the usual dinner and gift thing every year, unless it’s a special anniversary, such as the 5th, 10th, 20th, 25th, etc. Sometimes couples don’t even celebrate their special day due to a limited budget, the strain of family obligations, a hectic work schedule, or an argument the previous day.
To really spice things up and rekindle or reinforce that special bond between you and your spouse, it is important to plan a day that is different than the other 364 days of the year. This day should be spent together creating memories and new experiences that you won’t soon forget it. You can start by getting anniversary cards here that will let your significant other know how you feel. Afterwards, get out of your comfort zone and do something wild to remind each other of the strong connection you share. This article shares a list of 50 fun, romantic, unique and/or cheap anniversary ideas that will ensure you and your partner fall in love all over again.
Best Anniversary Ideas On A Budget
Here are 50 cheap and simple yet romantic anniversary ideas for him and her. If you’re on a budget but need to show your loved one that you still care and appreciate him/her, these cute and fun things for couples can help you celebrate the day without costing a lot of money!
1. Start by cooking your partner’s favorite breakfast and serving it in bed. If you can’t cook, it will mean even more if you go out of your way and try to.
2. Spend a day together. Set aside your work, friends, hobbies, games, and the television, and give each other your undivided attention. Ask each other questions regarding the things she wants to accomplish this year, what you could do to make each other happier, if there is a local restaurant or event your partner/spouse wants to attend, etc.
3. Share new experiences – go sky diving, snorkeling, fishing, white water rafting, skiing, scuba diving, golfing, spelunking, canoeing, camping, mountain biking, swimming in the ocean, or take a scenic hike.
4. Day dream together. Tell each other a story of what life would be like if you didn’t have jobs, kids, responsibilities, stress or finances to worry about. Describe where you would live, your dream home, what you would do together, and how you feel about each other.
5. Share a special dessert – maybe chocolate, strawberry, banana and whipped cream crêpes, champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries, truffles, banana split and chocolate brownie sundaes, and Belgian waffles topped with ice cream, whipped cream, strawberries, kiwis, bananas, and berries.
6. If you are artistically talented, paint or draw a masterpiece dedicated to him/her. If you are a musician or vocally-gifted, play or sing your partner’s favorite song.
7. Surprise your partner – tell him/her that you have a simple evening planned, consisting of dinner and a movie at home, and instead, take him/her to a classy or unique restaurant, trendy bar, or an art gallery.
8. Take a trip together to your favorite restaurant, bed and breakfast, resort, city, or spot.
9. Be a tourist for a day – visit landmarks, attractions, museums, and eat out all day long.
10. Build a scrapbook or collage of your life together – pictures from vacations, parties, unique experiences, family events and special moments.
11. Go to wine country, attend a wine tasting class, or take a tour.
12. Go on a hot air balloon ride.
13. Take a cooking, painting, or pottery class together.
14. Check out a comedy show, jazz club, musical, symphony, or cabaret show.
15. Learn to dance – salsa or ballroom dance classes.
16. Write a love letter to express yourself. Relive sweet past experiences, promise to make new future ones, or create a list of 101 reasons you love each other.
17. Write a sweet poem. If you don’t possess any literary talent or rhyming skills, find famous poems online that communicate your feelings and share them with your partner.
18. Give him/her a live shout out on the radio or ask the station to dedicate a song.
19. Relive your first date, kiss, and/or dance.
20. Take a yoga, aerobics, or exercise class together.
21. Carve a heart and your names into a tree.
22. Put together a candle-lit dinner for two. Cliché but always well-appreciated and romantic.
23. Cuddle up with a blanket next to a fireplace and enjoy hot chocolate and dessert.
24. Buy a couples day-pass to a beauty and wellness spa.
25. Create a playlist of favorite songs dedicated to one another.
26. Give back to the community or volunteer at a charitable organization together.
27. Plan a picnic at the park or beach.
28. Hug your partner, give him/her a kiss on each cheek, and whisper “I love you!” in their ear.
29. Fill your partner’s car with roses or cute Post-It notes.
30. Find a professional photographer to take pictures of you as a couple.
31. Share a romantic bath with bath salts, beads, candles, champagne and dessert or fruit.
32. Create an adventure or scavenger hunt with cute or surprising twists.
33. Throw an anniversary party.
34. Play in the rain or have a laid-back, easy day doing the things you enjoyed as a child.
35. Play each other’s favorite board game.
36. Renew your vows with family, close friends, or even alone.
37. Give your partner a sensual massage.
38. Buy a bracelet, necklace, or pendant and get it engraved with both of your names.
39. Bake a custom cake. As the saying goes, the quickest way to a man’s heart is through his stomach.
40. Have a bonfire and eat S’mores.
41. Spend quality time by cooking together, watching a movie cuddled up with popcorn, and falling asleep holding each other.
42. Learn a few romantic words or phrases in a foreign language (French or Spanish). “Je t’aime” means “I love you” in French, “Je t’adore” means “I like you a lot” or “I adore you” in French, and “Te Amo” means “I love you” in Spanish.
43. Cuddle underneath a starry sky at midnight. It’s even better if there is a meteor shower, comet, or if you catch a shooting star.
44. Recreate the day you got engaged.
45. Kiss your partner in a beautiful or sweet place.
46. Watch your wedding video.
47. Go to an amusement or theme park together. Don’t act like adults for a day!
48. Get matching tattoos.
49. Attend a sports event or festival in town.
50. Send your partner or spouse flowers, chocolates, a gift basket, and/or a sincere love letter at work.